Congresswoman Jenkins talking with Kansas Veterans
about the resources available to them at her Veterans Resource Fair

The men and women who have sacrificed defending our nation deserve the highest quality care when they return home. Meeting their needs is a priority of mine. From access to high quality health care, to education opportunities and other readjustment assistance, I am committed to working hard for the veterans in the Second District.

My office can contact the Veterans Administration or Military Units on behalf of Veterans and Military Service Members who have been unable to resolve their issues through normal VA and Military channels.

For example, we may be able to assist you if you:

  • Have had problems locating the status of an active VA disability compensation, pension or DIC claim
  • Have had problems locating the status of an active appeal to a VA claim
  • Are not satisfied with Medical Treatment from a VA Treatment Facility
  • Need assistance obtaining Military Service Records and Awards
  • Have had problems with a TriCare claim
  • Have had problems with the GI Bill and education benefits
  • Need assistance understanding your Veteran’s benefits

Remember, my staff and I are available at any time to assist you with concerns or questions you may have about your current or previous military service. Please do not hesitate to contact Allen in my Topeka Office at (785) 234-LYNN, or at

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?

How can I get education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill?

How can I get medical benefits?

How can I get information on suicide prevention?

How can I get a home loan?

How can I get life insurance?

How can I get vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits?

How can I get survivor benefits?

What drug benefits are available?

How can I get a copy of my military records?

How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?

What other services are available to me?

Veterans Facilities In and Around the 2nd District

VA Medical Centers

Dwight D. Eisenhower VA Medical Center
4101 4th Street Trafficway
Leavenworth, KS 66048
913-682-2000 | 800-952-8387  

Colmery-O'Neil VA Medical Center
2200 SW Gage Blvd
Topeka, KS 66622
785-350-3111 | 800-574-8387  

Outpatient Clinics

Neosho Memorial Medical Center (Chanute)
629 South Plumme

  • Office Locations

    Office Name Location Image Map URL
    Washington DC 1526 Longworth HOB
    Washington, DC 20515
    Phone: (202) 225-6601
    Fax: (202) 225-7986
    Topeka Office
    3550 SW 5th Street
    Topeka, KS 66606
    Phone: (785) 234-LYNN (5966)
    Fax: (785) 234-5967
    Pittsburg Office
    1001 N. Broadway Street #C
    Pittsburg, KS 66762
    Phone: (620) 231-LYNN (5966)
    Fax: (620) 231-5972


    How to use: Insert <span class="EXACT_VALUE_LABEL_AS_ENTERED_BELOW">&nbsp;</span> where you'd like the value to be populated.

    Non-breaking space within span tags - &nbsp; - is required for WYSIWYG.

    (no spaces or special characters)


    Comments (optional)
    repName John Smith  
    helpWithFedAgencyAddress Haverhill District Office
    1234 S. Courthouse
    Haverhill, CA 35602
    district 21st District of California  
    academyUSCitizenDate July 1, 2012  
    academyAgeDate July 1, 2012  
    academyApplicationDueDate October 20, 2012  
    repStateABBR AZ  
    repDistrict 1  
    repState Arizona  
    repDistrictText 1st  
    SponsoredBills Sponsored Bills  
    CoSponsoredBills Co-Sponsored Bills